It's another sign San Antonio is heading in a greener direction. The City of San Antonio now has eight electric vehicle chargers throughout the city. Five of those charging stations are located in downtown garages.
"These new electric vehicle chargers bring our community a step closer to achieving the long-term sustainability goals outlined under the Mission Verde resolution adopted by City Council last year," San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro said.
City officials and other agencies have been working closely to make San Antonio "EV ready" as more people buy electric vehicles. The purchase and installation of these stations were paid for with funds from the U.S. Department of Energy. You can find them at these San Antonio locations:
- Central Library Garage (one charger), 600 Soledad St.
- Houston Street Garage (two chargers), 240 E. Houston St.
- Marina Garage (one charger), 850 E. Commerce St.
- San Antonio International Airport Long-Term Parking Garage (two chargers), 9800 Airport Blvd.
- St. Mary's Street Garage (one charger), 400 N. St. Mary's St.
- Thousand Oaks Library (one charger), 4618 Thousand Oaks
Photo (c) S. Gerard